What is ICE?
ICE is the result of a big vision for the music industry that harnesses years of combined expertise in the multi-territory music market. We are the world’s first integrated processing hub offering copyright, online licensing and processing services.
Our customers include collecting societies, major and independent music publishers and digital service providers such as Facebook, YouTube, Mixcloud and Soundcloud. We work to help ensure composers and songwriters are compensated accurately and fairly for the use of their Works.
As part of ICE, you will be working with some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated experts in the industry. We collaborate closely with our customers to continuously develop our products and services to ensure the best results.
We are currently looking for a:
Experienced PL/SQL Developer (m/f)
ICE is looking for enthusiastic, innovative developers to join the Product Development team in Berlin. The future of ICE applications is cloud based on AWS while we continue to support and develop existing platforms on IBMi and Oracle. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic development team. We are developing and supporting applications in Java, RPG, on AWS, IBMi, Oracle, DB2, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, using the latest technologies and methodologies. You should be an experienced Oracle PL/SQL developer but also enthusiastic to learn other programming languages and technologies. You will have the opportunity to learn the full AWS development suite, e.g. elastic search, JBPM, working in agile projects. Some travel is required during the first months for training.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You’ll be working on our products’ backend - develop and implement new features and enhance the existing ones
- You’ll use your development skills to improve efficiency, scalability, stability, and maintainability of the systems and their subsystems
- You’ll contribute to the system design as well as effort estimation and planning
- To strive to maintain a system without bugs
- You constantly improve on best practices when it comes to technical standards
- To keep documentation of design and source code detailed and structured
- You’ll be reviewing design and code to ensure a smooth and high-quality development process
- Collaborate with different stakeholders on issues of design, development and testing
You have been working in a related field for at least 5 years. You have acquired extensive experience in building, supporting large scale applications and are capable of quickly learning and working in new coding languages.
- You are an expert Oracle PLSQL developer - programming complex database programs including packages, procedures, functions, triggers, cursors, views, materialized views, collections, bulk processing, dynamic SQL, parallel processing
- You have extensive knowledge of Oracle database 10g or higher versions
- You have a solid experience designing partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes, temporary tables and external tables as well as SQL Tuning and optimization of newly developed and existing applications
- You have been involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- You can demonstrate abilities to learn quickly business processes
- Any technical decisions you take are characterized by your business and quality awareness
- You are motivated, team-spirited and open-minded, you constantly grow with your tasks
- You like developing yourself by learning new things and taking on challenges
- You see knowledge sharing and colleague support as a natural part of a workplace
- Both working in a team and independently is something that you are comfortable with
- Working in English in both written and verbal communication is no problem for you
- Basic knowledge of German language (at least A2 level required since some documentation is only available in German)
- Oracle DBA skills are a plus
- Experience in working with Java, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, RPG, IBMi, AWS, JBPM, AngularJS, PHP, Git
- Public transport ticket
- Drinks and fruit
This is just the right time to explore the possibilities of a new professional path. Should it really appeal to you, we’re looking forward to your application (in English only incl. your salary expectations and earliest possible start date).