What is ICE?
ICE is a world class service center for the global management of rights. We offer the music industry a professional, reliable and efficient service, which enables music societies to manage copyright, and helps organizations, music societies and interested parties adapt to the challenge they face in today's ever changing right management business. We provide browser-driven database administration solutions. These solutions let you track and manage music usage across all media, including emerging market segments such as music downloads and Internet airplay. To expand our team in Munich, we are looking for a
Manager (m/w) Licensing Administration
2 years limited contract
As an international point of contact for our license processing service you work closely with Music Publishers and Authors societies to provide outstanding results on their online licenses. You take care of the implementation, analysis, processing and quality management of international licensing deals. Your responsibilities include both the preparation and presentation of statistics for internal and external use as well as communication with licensees and licensors throughout Europe. You are using internal databases, analysis and billing tools and develop them further, according to the business requirements. You work in complex international projects in the online sector, and are a part in shaping the future of music licensing.
You have a university degree in the fields of economics or information technology (such as business studies, economics, communication studies, media studies, media management, information technology) or you completed a German-Dual-System vocational training (such as IT Sales and Purchasing Manager (m/f), IT Specialist (m/f), Manager for Marketing & Communications (m/f), Media Sales and Purchasing Manager (m/f) - with 2 to 3 years of work experience. You have very good computer and MS Office skills, especially Excel. A plus would be when you are interested in technical topics and having a high IT affinity. You have an entrepreneurial and analytical mindset and the ability to quickly evaluate complex legal and technical issues. Intercultural understanding and communication skills are just as part of your profile as is the affinity for numbers and databases. If you also are a customer-& service-oriented person, acting and living this philosophy, then you are a good match for our team. Fluent verbal and written English skills are a must. Industry knowledge of the music market and knowledge of SQL and XML are beneficial.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Professional credibility to work in a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural environment.
- Empathy and cultural understanding to communicate/negotiate to achieve positive outcomes.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a strong emphasis in MS Excel.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong communication skills to properly convey the organizational vision and company goals and objectives.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and work effectively with others in the management team, to resolve interdepartmental issues.
- Must possess the analytical qualities to make sound decisions, through the conceptualization and evaluation of different courses of action to meet or exceed operational goals.
- Exceptional commercial business knowledge and orientation.
- Ability to manage commercially sensitive and confidential information with total discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and make decisions to favourably impact the overall business.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, and rapidly growing/changing work environment; demonstrated organization and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated with a bias for action and a keen sense of urgency.
The training period contains a few weeks in our Berlin office and your work place will be in our office in Munich. Accommodation during the training in Berlin will be provided.
Please submit your application online, no later than 5:00 PM on the 15th of May.
Should the role really appeal to you, we’re looking very forward to your application (Online only, incl. your salary expectations, your motivation for applying and earliest possible start date.)
All applications will be reviewed, and each suitable candidate will be invited for an initial interview.