What is ICE?
ICE is a world class service centre for the global management of music rights. We offer the music industry a professional, reliable, and efficient service; enabling music societies to manage copyright. This helps organizations, music societies, and interested parties adapt to the challenges they face in today's ever changing Rights Management business. We provide browser-driven database administration solutions. These solutions let you track and manage music usage across all media, including emerging market segments such as music downloads and Internet airplay. To expand our team in Berlin, we are looking for:
Copyright Officers (m/f)
(fixed term contract for 1 year)
Essential Functions of the Job
You will be responsible for:
- Administration of copyright data: reviewing, comparing, and updating the copyright data in our database in accordance with our business rules.
- Consolidating copyright claims from different sources to create one usable entry.
- Querying Customers and Publishers to facilitate data correction/completeness.
- Handling conflict processes for copyright claims.
- Where data is incomplete or conflicts, you will need to research missing data by using authoritative sources and/or to escalate issues to the relevant customer.
- Keeping copyright data updated, so we can deliver our service to our customers in time and at the expected level of service.
- Collaborating with other colleagues, including Copyright Officers, Experts and Senior Experts, on a daily basis.
- University degree (bachelor) or equivalent. For example, completed High School diploma/ qualification alongside extensive administrative skills and experience.
- Fluent verbal and written English (English is our company language and external communication is made in English)
- Analytically minded, detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to work with complex data
- Collaborative and reliable, able to deliver on individual deadlines for the benefit of your team
- Firm grasp of basic math skills (Fractions, Percentages, etc.)
What we offer
- International working atmosphere
- Intensive instruction, long term trainings, and workshops within our teams
- Public transportation ticket
- 25 Paid Holidays (Pro-rated based on Start Date)
- Start date: January 1st, 2019.
In order for us to consider your application we ask that you submit:
- Your up to date curriculum Vitae;
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for the position; and
- Responses to the compulsory criteria
Please provide brief examples of times when you have demonstrated the following characteristics we look for in our Copyright Officers.
Criteria 1: Problem solving ability
Criteria 2: Data processing/computer literacy
Criteria 3: Strong communication/collaborative skills
Criteria 4: Resilience/perseverance
We suggest you answer in the following structure:
- Situation/ Circumstances - where and when were you?
- Action – what did you do and how did you do it?
- Outcome – what were the result of your actions/ behaviours?
Should your experience and skill set match the above qualifications, we look forward to your application (Online only). Please include your salary expectations and your earliest available starting date.