What is ICE?
ICE is a world class service centre for the global management of music rights. We offer the music industry a professional, reliable and efficient service, which enables music societies to manage copyright, and helps organizations, music societies and interested parties adapt to the challenge they face in today's ever changing right management business. We provide integrated systems to administer music copyright data and offer royalty identification and invoicing services to process the online sales and usage of music. These solutions let you track and manage music usage across all media, including emerging market segments such as music downloads and Internet airplay. To expand our team in Berlin, we are looking for a:
Business Process Owner - YouTube/User Generated Content (m/f)
ICE is looking for a Business Process Owner to work within the Online Operations team. The position is in our office in Berlin.
- You will support YouTube and similar UGC end-to-end licensing processes and will be a point of contact for the licensing service, complaint management and preparation. You will also be analysing licensing results, match expected copyright share pictures against actual results and take the lead in getting results fixed if needed.
- You will create statistics for internal and external use.
- You will support the business process and communication process with licensees and licensors throughout Europe.
- You will work closely with IT to ensure the expected business outcomes of system development and IT infrastructure changes.
- You will operate and enhance business intelligence software and SQL databases to provide data analysis and answer complex customer queries.
- You will work within complex international projects in the online sector, and will be able to provide insight, opinions, and process improvement suggestions to shape the future of music licensing.
Minimum Requirement Qualifications:
- A University Degree in the fields of Economics or Information Technology (such as Business Law, Economics, Communication Studies, Media Studies, Media Management, Information Technology) or in a related field
- At least 3 years of work experience, ideally with a music publisher, record label or collecting society
- Experience in the field of User Generated Content
- Experience with music recognition software, machine learning, or matching algorithms is a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL and XML
- Experience in managing various internal and external stakeholders, across cultures
- A customer service attitude and orientation
- Able to translate theoretical processes and ideas into practical solutions
- An ability to evaluate complex technical issues
- Fluent verbal and written English
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Professional credibility to work in a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural environment
- Empathy and cultural understanding to communicate/negotiate to achieve positive outcomes
- Must have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products with a strong emphasis in MS Excel
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have strong communication skills in order to properly convey the organizational vision and company goals and objectives
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and work effectively with others in the management team, to resolve interdepartmental issues
- Must possess the analytical qualities to make sound decisions, through the conceptualization and evaluation of different courses of action to meet or exceed operational goals
- Exceptional commercial business knowledge and orientation
- Ability to manage commercially sensitive and confidential information with total discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to resolve conflicts and make decisions to favourably impact the overall business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, and rapidly growing/changing work environment; demonstrated organization and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated with a bias for action and a keen sense of urgency
ICE Operations offers you the chance to be part of a really high performing team.
Should it really appeal to you, we’re looking forward to your application (Online only, incl. your salary expectations, your motivation for applying and your earliest possible start date).