What is ICE?
ICE is a world class service centre for the global management of music rights. We offer the music industry a professional, reliable and efficient service, which enables music societies to manage copyright, and helps organizations, music societies and interested parties adapt to the challenge they face in today's ever changing right management business. We provide integrated systems to administer music copyright data and offer royalty identification and invoicing services to process the online sales and usage of music. These solutions let you track and manage music usage across all media, including emerging market segments such as music downloads and Internet airplay. To expand our team in Berlin, we are looking for a:
IT Operations Lead (m/f)
At ICE, the IT Operations team is responsible for managing all platforms, monitoring and maintaining our core ICE Application on IBMi, DB2 and Oracle, setting up and managing new applications on Amazon Web Services as well as providing network infrastructure, Windows and Linux Server Support and general IT Support. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on technical lead for IT Operations to manage these platforms and network infrastructure as part of the IT Operations team working closely with development, as we continue to work more according to the DevOps concepts and methodology.
This position in mostly hands-on technical leadership, so you should expect to be working approximately 80% hands-on technical, being the go-to person for IT Ops technical assistance, advice and solutions, ensuring the optimisation of ICE IT Operations.
You will be responsible for managing Amazon Web Services Platform, Microsoft Azure, IBMi, ICE Online systems including Oracle, Network Infrastructure and IT Support.
- IT Operations Queue Management, Managing assignment and completion of tasks within team
- Manage and maintain ICE Application Infrastructure and related knowledge bases, documentation
- Proactively ensure that systems SLAs and KPIs are achieved
- Work proactively to ensure the security and integrity of the system. Keeping all environments up to date, secure and patched
- Manage Disaster Recoveries, backups, restores etc.
- Vendor and contract management – responsible for working with vendors, negotiations, and invoicing for hardware, software, network and application services
- Break/fix and repairing problems that occur
Profile and Experience:
You have at least 5 years’ experience working as a Systems and Network Administrator. You consider yourself an expert in some of these areas: AWS, Azure, IBMi and are interested in becoming an expert in all.
You bring IT expertise to ICE, providing technical guidance to the IT Operations team. You should be a confident network administrator, experienced building and maintaining Windows and Linux Servers, VMware, configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and switches. You are a good team player, who understands how to achieve results through communication and collaboration.
You take your share of responsibility and focus on getting the job done, you understand the importance of details and you maintain a structured approach to the tasks when you work closely together with your colleagues.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge within server, application and datacentre solutions (hardware and software)
- A good understanding of network infrastructure management
- Strong analytic ability
- Know-how and a hands-on approach when working with infrastructure components
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience working with tools & techniques such as InfoSphere, MaxAva, FlashCopy, GoAnywhere and database management such as Oracle, DB2, Mongo and Dynamo
- Fluent written and spoken English
- 5 years IT Support Experience
- 2 years’ experience managing an AWS, Azure or IBMi environment
- At least one of these qualifications: IT Related University Degree, Microsoft Certified Professional, Cisco CCNA
- Willing to travel during training period and periodically after that, estimated 10%
Nice to Have: Business level German Language Skills
This is an opportunity to be the technical lead for IT Operations in a very exciting time when we are building on AWS, Azure, setting up a new IT network Infrastructure and introducing cutting edge tooling and processes.
This is just the right time to explore the possibilities of a new professional path. Should it really appeal to you, we’re looking very forward to your application (Online only, incl. your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.)