What is ICE?
ICE is a world class service centre for the global management of music rights. We offer the music industry a professional, reliable and efficient service, which enables music societies to manage copyright, and helps organizations, music societies and interested parties adapt to the challenge they face in today's ever changing right management business. We provide integrated systems to administer music copyright data and offer royalty identification and invoicing services to process the online sales and usage of music. These solutions let you track and manage music usage across all media, including emerging market segments such as music downloads and Internet airplay. To expand our team in Berlin, we are looking for a:
IBMi Specialist, Systems Administrator (m/f)
ICE has and is building and managing applications on various platforms, IBMi, DB2, AWS, Oracle and Azure and is looking for an experienced IBMi Specialist and Systems Administrator to manage these platforms and network infrastructure as part of the IT Operations team based in Berlin.
- Manage and maintain ICE Application Infrastructure
- Actively suggest improvements and contribute to the development of the relevant operational areas
- Plan and execute own tasks and participate in planning of team tasks
- Develop and update relevant infrastructure related documentation
- Work consciously with personal development, i.e. recommending and taking responsibility for personal business, competency and development targets and activities
- Proactively ensure that systems work as predicted within SLAs
- Work with ICE Service Desk, projects, ICE operations and customers to run the ICE systems, ensure integration and bring in new customers
- Work proactively to ensure the security and integrity of the system. Keep all environment up to date, secure and patched
- Manage Disaster Recoveries, backups, restores, batches etc.
Profile and Experience:
You have at least 5 years’ experience managing IBMi, IT Systems, Servers, Network and Applications.
You are an experienced IBMi Systems Administrator, interesested in becoming an expert in AWS, Azure and Network Infrastructure. A quick learner, enthusiastic about learning new systems.
The IT Operations team are responsible for managing all platforms, monitoring and maintaining our core ICE Application on IBMi, DB2, setting up and managing new applications on Amazon Web Services as well as providing network infrastructure, Windows and Linux Server Support and general IT Support. We have applications running on DB2, Mongo, Dynamo and Oracle Databases. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic people who thrive on responsibility and learning new systems, who can take ownership, troubleshoot and delivery solutions ensuring we’re keeping our systems running efficiently supporting our business needs.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge within server, application and datacenter solutions (hardware and software)
- A good understanding of network infrastructure management
- Strong analytic ability
- Know-how and a hands-on approach when working with infrastructure components
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL processes
You will need to be:
- A highly skilled hands-on IBMi Systems Administrator
- Experienced in administrating Servers and Networks
- Familiar with the fundamentals of Linux
- Responsible for support, maintaining and managing the ICE Systems/applications including license management
- Working with tools & techniques such as InfoSphere, MaxAva, FlashCopy, GoAnywhere
- Experienced database management, e.g. Oracle, DB2
You are passionate about infrastructure operations, ambitious with the quality of your work and a good team player, who understands how to achieve results through communication and collaboration. You thrive in a busy environment with a variety of different tasks and you communicate clearly in English, both written and spoken. German language skills a plus.
You take your share of responsibility and focus on getting the job done, you understand the importance of details and you maintain a structured approach to the tasks when you work closely together with your colleagues.
We offer you the opportunity of being part of a high performing operations team.
This is just the right time to explore the possibilities of a new professional path. Should it really appeal to you, we’re looking very forward to your application (online only, incl. your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.)